Well it has certainly been busy these past few weeks for the members of Team USA45 Racing! The gang is stoked to be getting back together in San Francisco this upcoming weekend (May 9-12), so pictures and up-dates will soon follow! But here’s what we missed to catch you up to speed on:
- Charlie Buckingham placed 20th at the ISAF Sailing World Cup event in Hyeres, France. For the full low-down from Charlie on his latest regatta head over to his website.
- Graham Landy wins A-Division in the ICSA Western Semi-Finals to lead the Yale Bulldogs into the overall victory and a berth in the Gill Co-Ed Dinghy National Championship. Then, this past weekend Graham and Yale qualified for the APS Team Race National Championship.
- Nevin Snow placed 2nd in B-Division in the Western Semi-Finals, helping his Georgetown Hoyas place second overall by a single point to Yale.
- John Wallace and Jake LaDow’s St. Mary’s Seahawks place 5th in the same event, while Jake Reynolds’ Charleston Cougars placed 8th. All of them earned a berth to the Co-Ed Dinghy Champs. Scores from the event can be found here.
- That makes all 5 of the college sailors on Team USA45 and their respective sailing teams qualified for the Team Race and Dinghy Championships. Word.
- Congratulations to Peter Kinney for graduating from the University of Redlands! He is anxious to get back in the AC45 this upcoming weekend.
- Everybody’s nose is to the grindstone wrapping up school in these last few weeks but each day brings us closer to summer and the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup!
Much more coming soon…Get Pumped!